Workshops and Courses
Kitty has given workshops and courses to general, RELATE and rehabilitation counsellors; audiologists, doctors; speech, occupational and physical therapists; overseas health professionals; GP surgery personnel; and undergraduate and graduate students. Venues have been counselling and Rehabilitation Centres, and the Universities of London Brunell, Southampton, Sheffield, Kent, Penn State University, and the University of California in San Diego.
Here are particular concerns which I have either a special interest in, have recently taken courses in and/or a 'relationship area' which needs opening up and exploring for one reason or another.
- What are some of the things that make enduring marriages work ?
- What makes counselling or going to a counsellor so difficult for certain types of men or certain types of women?
- Parental alienation - ways to keep this from happening if you are separating from your partner. So much talk, but how do you really put the needs of your children first ?!
- The psychological processes involved in divorce: why happens psychologically when you part from your partner?
- How to know if you are ready to commit to your current partner or that you should graciously let go and both move on elsewhere?
- 'Red lights' in couple relationships and MOT tests ?
- 'Taboo' subjects in couple relationships : When to challenge them and when to let them be?
- Talking intimately: The seven kinds of intimacy and how to talk about them?
Course feedback remarks: October 2017
Allowing emerging ideas, thinking, Aha ! moments and stuff to think about for the next days – rich thought.
I didn’t know what to expect, useful to reflect, lovely to talk more deeply to others.
Excellent – see you next week!
This is a very interesting course. I’m glad I joined you. Both lessons made me think a lot about working with other people. It’s a shame I can’t come for the last session.
I had no idea what to expect – I have enjoyed the session very much. Various Myers-Briggs courses I did were life changing for me.